Accountancy profession has a long history in Namibia. In 1955, the Chartered Accountants resident in the Territory of South West Africa established a Branch Association of the Cape Society of Chartered Accountants.
ICAN and the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) have always enjoyed close working relations which have allowed a reciprocity agreement between the two Institutes to be in place since 1992. This reciprocity agreement allows members of either Institute to apply for membership of the other without any additional educational requirements such as a conversion examination.
Continued development of professional knowledge and skills has the following distinct benefits for the individual professional accountant:
- Maintains or increases the level of technical competence
- Extends the range of accountancy skills
- Develops new areas of expertise
- Promotes confidence and pride in your work
- Increases career options
- Increasing job satisfaction
- Increased client satisfaction
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Namibia.
342 Sam Nujoma Ave.
PO Box 21459 Windhoek.
Phone: (264) 61 220218.
Fax: (264) 61 220214.